Sunday, December 7, 2014

Challenge Time and some Merry Wishes!

Hello!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are feeling festive and full of cheer! We are getting there. I've been playing around with Christmas cards, for fun, when I get the chance. I have BARELY got a start on our family cards. EEKS! I need to focus on that, but do I??? Nooooooo!

I'm sharing a card I made this past week playing with the Simon Says Stamp Candy Cane stamp from the "Limited Edition" Christmas set I ordered (on a whim! Total impulse buy). It's been fun because it's probably not something I would have normally bought and that's why I like to indulge in an impulse buy every now and then. Typically my orders are so "overthought" I get on my own nerves before I ever push "SUBMIT" on that credit card charge! Yikes.

This card is inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and Code Word: Dots at Addicted to CAS.

 
I used the Candy Cane stamp set and some of the extra goodies in the kit, like the peppermint candy stickers, acetate, and micro beads to make my first ever shaker card! Now I know what all the fuss is about! I'm addicted and wanting to make more, more, more!
 
 
 
I stamped the pieces of candies in various colors, masking at times and spreading them out in the center because I knew I wanted them to extend past my shaker panel. I'm pretty sure I robbed that dot off another stamp set as "filler" but  now I couldn't tell you which one. (I've slept since then!) I then cut that frame using my Silhouette. I cut a cardstock strip in the same color and white embossed the sentiment using my PTI O'Tannenbaum set. I wanted something smaller as my original idea was to extend a banner across the front of my shaker. I couldn't get happy with it - it covered up too much of my cute little candies. This is all matted on a piece of Bazzil cardstock, in Sour Apple, I believe.
 
It was SO much fun to make!
 
I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge of Christmas/Holidays and  Just Us Girls "Sparkle" challenge. How's that for efficiency?! I love it.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! 
 
God Bless,
Mandy
 
 
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card and a great take on the challenge! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the sketch to make a shaker card! This is so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your shaker card...and I had to laugh that you got distracted from making your cards to join a challenge! So glad you did or we would have missed you playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my this is so totally cute.. love that little shaker.. great designing.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet!!! I love the mix of candies - and that they spread across the page. The dimensional candy in the shaker is a fun touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shaker card! Love the colours. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous shaker card Mandy - so much fun, and beautiful colours! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous shaker card!! Such a fun design!!

    Happy Holidays!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!! LOVE the shaker card in these fun colours! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts